Acer AS5740-6025 15.6-Inch Laptop (Blue)


Actually 5470-63784

Picked up nearly the same model at Costco for $599 after discount. Only difference is a 320GB drive instead of the 500GB drive. Seems like fairly solid construction. Keyboard is quiet. Track pad is a tad sensitive but I've adjusted how I use the pad with my fingers. There is a button to shut the pad off should you decide to use a mouse. Processor is fast and as advertised fires up to 2.5GHz+ when doing processor intensive things. Did run a few low graphics intensive games and it did a fairly admirable job though definitely not on high settings. Wireless-n has been solid. No mute button on the console which is something I like but not a big deal. Screen is bright - brighter than expected - though does have a low viewing angle from the top - and the screen doesn't tilt as far back as my old Dell laptop did. So you really have to be pretty square in front of it. I'm not a huge fan of the outer blue plastic but hey I don't look at the back of the screen when I'm using it. The matte finish on the touchpad and handrest is smart (not like the HP's which show fingerprints VERY easily). Overall great value. Time will tell on durability (I'm hoping for 1.5-2yrs).More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List